For about a month and a half now we have been trying to find another rental house that would fit all of us and my sister and her two boys. Everything was either too expensive or wouldn't work for all of us.
We finally found a house we all could agree on. It was big enough for all of us to live comfortably. The back yard was huge, open to bike trails and a school. The man came back and told us no, that discouraged all of us, me for the fact that Jared talked me into sending Nathan to a public school. I looked into the school that the house backed up to. I fell in love with it right away. It's a year round school with a challenging curriculum. Exactly what Nathan needs.
Within the next few days I asked Jared if we could drive around that area to see if we could find any other houses for rent in that school's boundaries. We found a gorgeous house right away. It's my dream house I have been drawing on paper. It too backed to the school and the bike trails.
My sister was hesitant to look at it. She didn't like the price at first. We scheduled a showing that we all could go look at the house on a Sunday, she had plans. The man was going out of town for business until Wednesday night. We finally got her over to the house to look at it, after she had a tooth pulled that same day. She likes it not in love with it but I don’t care about that.
We put in our applications last night and the guy should be calling us back some time soon. It sounds like we will get this house but you never know.
On to other things, I don’t know what to do with Nathan anymore. He seems to me like he’s becoming more out of control. If you don’t know Nathan has a Sensory Processing/Integration Disorder (SPD or SID). He was going to pre-K back in the fall of 2007. He was having occupational therapy two days a week. This was helping him greatly. We took him out February 2008 to move to CA. We were trying to find a program that he was in, in CO but we never found anything.
Kindergarten came and we put Nathan in, regardless of my feelings about the school. Nathan already knew his ABCs in order and out, he also knew their sounds. He knew how to count to 10 and recognize them in order and out. He was even counting backwards. Nathan was asking us to teach him to read. All the other kids in his class were nowhere near where Nathan was. This school never challenged Nathan so he would get up because he was board, within the first three months they deemed him a problem child.
Oh, before school started Jared gave the principal a copy of Nathan evaluation records so that they were aware of Nathan's situation they knew how to better handle Nathan during the school hours. They never did anything with them. The last two days Nathan attended this school he was sent to the office at lunch, right before I would pick him up. The first time it happened they said that he would get up when he was done and wonder around and that the teacher couldn’t keep a handle on him. The second time was because he kicked a kid. Yeah I get that, the kid took something away from Nathan and wouldn’t give it back, so Nathan kicked him. Well what would you do at that age and someone took something from you and wouldn’t give it back? So they sent Nathan to the office not even letting him finish his lunch or talking to him about what happened. I took him out right then and there.
Since then I have decided to home school the kids. But after finding this school behind this house I want Nathan in this school. I am still scared and have great anxieties with how they will treat Nathan. This school however is in a really good school district and they recognize Nathan’s disorder. I am praying they will work with him, give him the academic challenge he wants/needs and teach him how to live functionally with his disorder.
Here at home Nathan is not getting the sensory input he is seeking out. Which in turn is causing him to be out of control seeking it and driving his mommy and daddy crazy. He needs the structure that a public year round school can give him.
Wow that was a lot didn’t mean for it to be so long. Also a disclaimer, I am by no means a grammar expert. So you will see a lot of grammar mistakes in my writing, do not judge me on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment